What’s not to like about a sweet, juicy peach. But, combine peaches with succulent, grilled chicken and a tangy bbq sauce — now, you’ve got a winning meal for Sunday dinner!
Summer fruits like peaches, mangoes, and pineapples go well with grilled chicken or seafood. For this recipe, I chose to use chicken drumsticks. The only disappointment in preparing this meal was the peaches — they weren’t as sweet as they looked. Heck, I wouldn’t let this ruin my meal; I simply added a little honey to the peaches, after grilling. I paired the chicken with fresh, steamed broccoli and coleslaw — a meal that would make any momma proud!
I think my late mother would’ve enjoyed eating this meal!
Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 3 medium peaches
- 1/2 cup chipotle bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 pack McCormick’s Chipotle Pepper Marinade
- Rinse chicken and place in a bowl of cold, salt water. Place in fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Peel, core, and slice peaches. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Peel and slice onions. Place in bowl with peaches.
- Rinse chicken thoroughly. Set aside.
- Prepare marinade according to package instructions. Pour over chicken and marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill. On low heat, cook chicken, peaches and onions (cook separately), until done.
- Pour honey over peach mixture. Set aside.
- Brush chicken thoroughly with bbq sauce. Toss with peaches and onions.
- Serve chicken with your favorite Summer sides.