Each week, I’m on the hunt for interesting recipes I can prepare, for my Sunday dinners. I get excited when I come across a recipe that is healthy and doesn’t take a long time to prepare.
Not too long ago, I wanted to prepare a pasta dish with lemon basil chicken. Why lemon basil; I don’t know. But, I love the taste of lemon chicken. Many of the recipes I found called for a creamy sauce, which I didn’t want. I wanted a vinaigrette sauce that I could drizzle over the pasta. The McCormick’s Grill Mates marinade I used, worked perfectly as a pasta sauce! The combination of the olive oil, lemon juice, and white wine vinegar enhanced the flavor of the pasta, chicken, spinach, and tomatoes.
Anyways, I came across several recipes and decided to modify them, to create my own version — it was a smash hit with the family! If you find the time to prepare, I hope you’ll enjoy it as well!
Angel Hair Pasta with Grilled Lemon Basil Chicken
- 2 pkgs fresh chicken tenders (12 – 16 pieces)
- 12oz pkg angel hair pasta
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 2 pkgs McCormick’s Grill Mates Garlic, Herb, and Wine Marinade
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- Rinse chicken and soak in a bowl of cold, salt water, for at least an hour. Rinse again and set aside.
- In 2 separate bowls, prepare marinades according to package. To each marinade mixture, add basil, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
- Pour marinade, from one bowl, over chicken and set aside for at least 30 minutes. Save remaining marinade for pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat grill.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until done.
- In a skillet, add chicken, spinach, and tomatoes. Heat until spinach is lightly cooked.
- In a small, saucepan, heat the remaining marinade; adding more olive oil and lemon juice as desired.
- Serve chicken, spinach, and tomatoes over pasta. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette sauce. Serve with warm, flatbread.