Don’t you just love pasta — I know I do! It is such a versatile food that can be prepared as a hot or cold dish. Whenever I’m searching for a quick and easy dish to prepare, I turn to pasta. Penne pasta is one type of pasta that I cook frequently.
As in most of my pasta dishes, I opt to use the whole wheat version, which has more nutritional value over whole grain, but tastes quite similar.
This Chicken Florentine Penne Pasta dish is my variation of a recipe from the Food Network:
Chicken Florentine Penne Pasta
- 1 12oz box of whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 skinless & boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag of ready to use fresh spinach
- 1 pack of McCormick’s Marinade: Garlic, Herb, and Wine
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- In a large bowl, soak chicken breasts in cold, salt water for 45 minutes to an hour. Rinse.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook thoroughly on both sides, until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet and cut into smaller pieces; return to skillet.
- Add pasta, spinach and tomatoes to skillet; toss with chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix Garlic, Herb, and Wine seasoning; add to pasta.
- Serve pasta topped with parmesan cheese, along with garlic bread.