Hotlanta is heating up! When the weather gets warm, I can’t wait to fire up the grill.
Today, I wanted to find a recipe for the huge, pack of chicken tenders I had thawing in the fridge. So, I did what any good, home chef would do: search the Internet. For sometime, I’ve wanted to prepare a meal with mango salsa. I always enjoy the chicken with mango salsa at Chili’s. The mango salsa is refreshing and blends well with the citrus flavor of the chicken.
It was important to find a recipe that didn’t call for too much prep time — I gotta get in and out of the kitchen quickly. I’d rather spend my Sunday afternoons chillin before I head back to work on Monday.
I stumbled upon a recipe by Emeril Lagasse, on Foodnetwork.com, which included easy side recipes for mango salsa and coconut cilantro rice pilaf — perfect! These were the right sides to go along with my grilled, citrus chicken tenders.
The dish was a hit with my husband and sons! It’s nice when a dish you’ve never prepared turns out fabulous!
Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa and Coconut Cilantro Rice Pilaf
- 10 – 15 chicken tenders
- 1 pack McCormick’s Baja Citrus Marinade
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- Mango Salsa, see recipe on Foodnetwork
- Coconut-Cilantro Rice Pilaf, see recipe on Foodnetwork
Mango Salsa – see recipe on Foodnetwork
Coconut-Cilantro Rice Pilaf – see recipe on Foodnetwork
Grilled, citrus chicken tenders
- Soak chicken in cold, salt water for 1 hour.
- Prepare marinade according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse chicken and place in bowl with marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken tenders, onions, and peppers on hot, grill until done.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over rice, and top with mango salsa.