Trying to get and stay healthy takes a lot of commitment and effort. Sometimes, it’s not easy to stay motivated. But, with a little help from a nutrition or fitness app, we can reach our goal and reap the benefits of a healthier, lifestyle.
I love that I can use technology to help me sustain a healthy, lifestyle. I’m constantly tracking my health vitals with my FitBit app, or using my Couch-to-5k app, during my run/walk workout, with hopes that one day I’ll run a 5k.
Whether you have short-term or long-term goals for getting healthy, there’s an app out there that can help you stay motivated. Check out some of the nutrition apps below:
- HealthyOut – finds healthier, meal choices at restaurants around the country (http://www.healthyout.com)
- ShopWell – helps you plan your grocery list, get nutrition recommendations based on dietary needs, and swap unhealthy foods with healthier choices (http://www.shopwell.com)
- Fooducate – assigns ratings and nutritional value to scanned food items, and helps you make better decisions on food choices (http://www.fooducate.com)
- Smoothie Selector – offers 100 healthy smoothy recipes categorized by health goal: lose weight or build muscle (http://apple.co/1F0Js02)
- Mint Nutrition – tracks nutritional value of foods at your favorite restaurants (http://mintapps.com/nutrition/)