In my last week’s post, I mentioned that I rarely get sick, which I credit to my vegetarian diet.
However, in addition to eating healthy, I always make sure that my immune-boosting, flu-protecting, survival kit is stocked and ready. And, you may wonder exactly what is in my kit. Well, below are the items I make sure I have available and accessible when the flu season starts:
- Vitamin C pills – 1 or 2 daily dose for additional antioxidant benefits of vitamin C
- Echinacea herbal tea – echinacea is a flowering plant grown in the U.S. & Canada, and used for its immune-boosting properties to fight the common cold
- Ginger herbal tea – useful in relieving stomach ailments: nausea, gas, diarrhea
- Ginger beer or ginger ale – ginger has soothing properties for a sore throat; drink very cold
- Pomegranate juice – potentially effective to inhibit viral infections and has antioxidant health benefits
- Orange juice – 1 or 2 glasses daily for vitamin c
Now is a good time to stock your flu-survival kit! Being prepared to fight the flu, and prevent sickness, is important when others depend on you. Are you ready?