Health statistics have shown that men are more inclined than women, to skip the regular doctor’s visits, avoid getting important screening tests, and indulge in excessive alcohol and smoking. For these reasons, it’s important for men and their love ones to know the facts for living a healthier and longer life.
To stay healthy, it is recommended that men EAT HEALTHY and BE ACTIVE. Following these simple recommendations could have a huge impact on lowering the below 4 measurements, which, if left uncontrolled, could result in serious health problems such as heart disease and diabetes:
- blood pressure
- blood sugar
It is important for men to get regular checkups and screenings for: prostate and colorectal cancer, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Early detection is the key to treating and fighting diseases.
- Men’s Health Network
- Men’s Health Month
- The Skinny on Obesity and Male Fertility
- Men’s Health Facts
- Stay Healthy (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Men’s Health: Preventing the Top 7 Threats (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- Belly Fat in Men: Why Weight Loss Matters (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- Enlarged Prostate (Hormone Health Network)
- Getting on Track: Physical Activity and Healthy Eating for Men(National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)