I’m not one for making New Year’s resolutions. I find that after about a month, those resolutions are cast aside. And, I’m back where I started.
What works for me is to take a mental note of those things that I can improve upon: increase my fitness activities, drink more water, stress less, etc. I don’t give myself a timeframe, I just take baby steps and try to improve in these areas on a daily basis.
For instance, if I add another 30 minute workout to my weekly fitness activities, during a given week, then I’ve had success for that week. I like to think that my goal to living a healthy life is a continual process of improvement.
If you’re wanting to be more healthy in 2015, then check out the tips below:
- Take baby steps – the goal is to develop a habit, which develops over time.
- Challenge yourself – try a new fitness workout: yoga, HIIT (high-intensity interval training), zumba, run/walk, or running.
- Focus on the positive – we all can do better, but it doesn’t help to focus on the negative; applaud yourself for any attempt you make towards being healthy.
- Just do it! – being healthy is about taking action; we don’t get healthy or lose weight by simply talking about it.
- Be the change you want to see – getting healthy only happens when we are committed and dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle.
- Enjoy the journey! – the road to a healthy life is paved with successes and failures; the key is to keep striving towards the goal.