In last week’s post, I talked about the health benefits of eating salad, and the nutritional value of various vegetables used in salads. Whether you’re looking to lose weight or get healthy, eating salad is the way to go!
But, did you know that you can ‘Pump Up’ the health benefits of your salad even more, by adding other foods rich in protein. So, in addition to getting necessary vitamins, you can enjoy the benefits of added protein, which is necessary for building strong bones and muscles.
‘Pump Up’ your salad with foods from the protein group:
- Soybeans (processed soy products: tofu)
- Legumes (dry beans and peas)
- Nuts and seeds
Try a few of these salad ideas:
- Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Spinach, Strawberry, and Hearts of Palm Salad
- Edamame and Scallion Slaw with Orange Lime Dressing
- Asian Tofu Salad
- Salmon Caesar Salad
More information about protein foods: