I’ll admit that I’m a foodie. I love cook books, watching cooking shows, playing Diner Dash, and writing about cooking. Despite the fact that I love cooking, there are moments when I don’t want to cook, which is usually after I’ve worked my 9-to-5 and driven 45 minutes in traffic. The one nice thing about my drive home is having the time to think of what to cook for dinner.
After working all day, my creativity is low. So, whatever I decide to prepare has to be quick, but healthy. Sure, I could probably stop at one of the many fast food places I pass to get a quick meal, but I know I’ll have to pay the price later for the extra calories.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be time-consuming. There are many healthy options that don’t require a lot of cooking time. Remember that many processed foods are high in calories, sodium, sugar, and salt. Your best bet is to stick with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, fish, and poultry.
Here’s a short list of my healthy meal ideas you can prepare in less than 20 mins:
- Caesar salad topped with grilled chicken
- Grilled turkey burgers and vegetarian beans
- Chicken fajitas
- Turkey Tacos
- Veggie omelet with spinach, tomatoes, onions, & green peppers
- Whole wheat pita stuffed with salad and grilled fish or chicken
- Salmon salad on whole wheat rolls and creamy raisin coleslaw